ramé-hart was founded in 1961 by Ralph Nussbaum, George Meyer, and John Hertz (and was thus named ramé-hart after the original owners). In the beginning ramé-hart was a specialty machine shop with a reputation for precision and high quality machining. In the early days of ramé-hart, the company was looking for a way to establish a proprietary product line. After meeting with Dr. William Zisman and his associates at the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC., they decided to begin producing and selling the NRL Goniometer designed by Dr. Zisman. It soon became a fledging product line and the rest is history.
To learn more about Dr. Zisman, click on the below article to read about his life, accomplishments, and contributions to surface science.
By 1969 ramé-hart was selling over 20 instruments per year and offered six different accessories. ramé-hart's reputation as the world leader in contact angle instruments waxed strong as sales increased and new accessories were designed and built. By the 1990's computerization changed the instrument design from an optical microscope-based system to a camera and software-based tool. In 2004 ramé-hart restructured and the instrument line became ramé-hart instrument co. Today ramé-hart offers (9) different software-driven instrument models and over (30) different accessories and options.
To place an order for a system, we suggest you first contact us and request a quotation or proforma invoice. Please let us know what model and options you are interested in. Once you are ready to order, you can forward a copy of the purchase order to us via email, fax 973-448-0315, or mail to:
ramé-hart instrument co.
Most common spare parts and coaxial needles and related accessories can be ordered online at www.ramehart.us. In the event you need an official quotation for spare parts or coaxial needles, or if you wish to purchase with a credit card, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to www.ramehart.us and locate the item(s) you wish to have quoted and add them to your cart. In the case of custom coaxial, triaxial, and quadaxial needles, be sure to configure them as the price will vary depending the configuration and options selected. If you need help with coaxial needles, we suggest you start on this page https://www.customspinnerets.com/coaxial which includes detailed configuring and ordering instructions.
2. Once you have all the items in your cart that you wish to purchase or have quoted, proceed to the checkout.
3. If you have previously created an account on the website, you can login and it will remember your ship to and bill to details. If not, you can create an account. Or, if you prefer, you can simply choose Continue as Guest. Note that for web orders, there is a $50 order minimum.
4. Once you enter your Ship To address and select the desired shipping method, the actual shipping costs will be added to the order.
5. When you get to the payment screen, we recommend credit card for fastest order processing. If that is not possible, you can select Purchase Order if you are a US-based customer. If you are an existing customer outside of the US who has used purchase orders to purchase from our company in the past or have received permission from us, you may also select Purchase Order. Otherwise, if you are outside of the US, you can select Request Proforma Invoice.
6. If you choose credit card, then your order will be processed immediately and we will notify you of the tracking details when your order ships.
7. If you choose purchase order, then your order will go on hold pending receipt of an authorized purchase order. Hand the sales order to your purchasing agent, and have them generate a PO which matches the items and prices. Once we receive the PO and it's approved, your order will be processed. (Note that you can treat the sales order as a quote and you are under no obligation to proceed with the order if you are unable to raise the PO. It can be canceled with no penalty at any time.)
8. If you choose Request Proforma Invoice, we will generate a proforma invoice and email it to you along with the bank details. Once you remit payment, the order will be processed and shipped.
Should you have any questions, please contact us.
1. Minimum Order charge is $50 for credit card purchases made at our website www.ramehart.us.
2. Minimum Order for faxed or phoned orders or any order made with a Purchase Order is $100.
3. All systems and components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for period of one year from date of shipment.
4. All orders are subject to acceptance by ramé-hart instrument co.
5. Microsyringe assemblies, glass barrels, needles, and o-rings are non-returnable for sanitary reasons. Custom products made to order (e.g., custom coaxial, triaxial, and quadaxial needles and all other custom spinnerets) are non-returnable. All other items are subject to 15% restocking fee.
6. Cancelled orders are subject to a 10% cancellation charge.
7. Please contact us if you require an official quotation for any system or parts.
8. Purchase orders can be emailed, faxed to 973-448-0315, or mailed to: ramé-hart instrument co., 19 Route 10 East, Suite 11, Succasunna, NJ 07876 USA.
9. Terms are NET 30 from recognized accounts. We also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express on all parts orders and online orders at www.ramehart.us.
10. Unless noted otherwise, all orders are EXW Succasunna, NJ USA. Shipping charges are prepaid and added. We can also ship with freight charges collect.
11. Buyer responsible for all tariffs, duties, and taxes associated with the sale.
12. All prices are subject to change at any time and without notice.